Visit Open-E website

Thread: HP DL320S DSS DOM Issues

Default HP DL320S DSS DOM Issues

Hello All,
    We are desperately trying to get our DOM working with the HPDL320s. I have managed to get the latest DSS version on the DOM (3511) but all we get is a flashing cursor once it has started to boot off the DOM?

Any help would be appreciated as we would like to use open-e.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon does this DOM boot with other systems to verify that it is working?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default DOM Issue after Upgrade

I am suffering the same symptoms after an upgrade from 5.00 up49 3278 (64-bit kernel). Ran (and am currently running on) from usb-stick and tested everything working ok. Did the software update installer without any errors. After reboot nothing but a blinking cursor. My hardware is an Intel SSR212CC chassis. Rebooted came back up on the usb-stick working AOK in eval mode. Rebooted and tried update again error message 1229 Contact Support. Rebooed again from the usb-stick working AOK. HELP!!!

Thanks,
    Tracy

Can you send the logs to support@open-e.com so we can look into this issue. We need to find out what is happening here. We dont have this HP system in house so any help to send the logs can help others. Thanks!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi Todd,

I am having same problem. I tried to upgrade to 3511, followed the steps with the USB pen drive and all went fine.

After reboot I get "BOOT ERROR" on the screen and thats it... I remembered I once had a similar problem and fixed it by reupgrading the DOM, but if boot again from the pen drive and try that with 3511 as soon as I hit on "Use Product Key from existing version" I get this:

Error encountered! Code: 1229
    Please contact support.

Should I try to rewrite the old version (3278) to the dom with the CD?

Send the SN of the module and the error message and if you can the logs as well to support@open-e.com so we can guide you from there. We will have to generate the product key for you.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Was there a resolution for this?
    This has just happened to us for a system ready to ship.
    I debated whether to leave it at 3276 or upgrade it to 3518 - obviously I made the wrong choice!
    Hardware is Intel SSR212MC2 (McKay Creek).

It sounds like the only option now is to overwrite the product key and obtain a new key?
    I will do as per previous person & send details to support.
    Thanks