Visit Open-E website

Thread: Transfer via FTP/SMB cancels, Kernel sends errors

Default Transfer via FTP/SMB cancels, Kernel sends errors

Hi,

I'm trying to copy a file of about 20 GB from a share on our DSS Lite (exchange backup which is copied to the share every night). However, when approx. 170 MB are transferred (which just takes a few seconds), the transfer rate decreased and stops in about 5 more seconds. This problem occurs when using FTP (FileZilla/CoreFTP) and SMB, and it doesn't matter which share I access.

I also receive e-mails about the error which say
    2009/04/09 11:32:09 kernel:BUG: warning at /home/src/MF/kernel.org/trunk/drivers/scsi/ahci.c:853/ahci_host_intr()
    Any suggestions?

Modell: Data Storage Server Lite
    Version: 5.0.DL37000000.3003

Did this happen recently and does this happen with all systems as well? Error might be caused from a SATA controller issue. Researching this error on the net i came up with very little info. If this was just recent what changes could have taken place like the motherboard or controller?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I can't tell if this just ocurred all of a sudden, I wasn't responsible for coping with that machine until now - and the guy who was has left a few months ago. As far as I know, noone ever tried to restore data from the shares because we had no problems at all *knocks on wood*

It sounds like a hardware issue. Is there any possibility to check some log files on the DSS that may be of help?

You can check the logs from the GUI in Status > Hardware > Logs then click on the Download button.

Look at the dmesg, test, and critical and error logs to see anything going on.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube