Visit Open-E website

Thread: Isoboot4usb

Default Isoboot4usb

Hi, I have a DL 380 G3 which I want to test the free trial on but I need the boot cd to get it to boot on USB. Where can I get it from?

I can provide this you but you need to email me. If you can wait until next month we will have a version that is installable on any media device that will be better. Either way let me know.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Cant get it to work. The boot CD doesnt seem to find the USB and returns a error.

ERROR: No USB flash module has been found.

The USB works fine to boot open-e on my laptop.

I have played around with different BIOS settings and USB ports. The lead on the USB flashes up during boot so the USB ports seems to work.

Whats weird are that one time it showed the error and at the same time it did also print "Loading..." like it was trying to load from the USB but it just stoped there.

Is there any magic trick to get it to work on a old HP DL380 G3?

What about using a hard drive to test with just to verify that we are seeing the HP system?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I tried "the Open-E Data Storage Server DSS Bootable from CD" but failed during start. It returned a message saying it needs an x86-64 CPU but could only find a i686 CPU.
    The CPU are a Intel Xeon P4 3,06 Ghz which seems to be a 32-bit only. Dont know if that explains the issue?

Knoppix and a slack USB boot CD seems to find the USB OK.

Wish we had this system to help you test maybe someone in the forums might have this HP. Not sure where to go from here other then to use a HD and install the trial version on that to see if this works.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

That was what I tried to do (atlanta_3511.iso) and failed because of the x64 requirement. Is there any 32-bit version available?

You can change to 32bit mode from the Console - enter CTRL + ALT + T then select Boot Options then System Architecture then 32bit mode - save and reboot.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

There are no sutch boot options when installing. According to the "important notes" it only works with 64bit and switch to 32bit does not work.

In the DSS build 3511 there is a the ability to switch the either 32 or 64 bit modes. you can use another system to boot the DSS from then change the settings and save them then shutdown and install on the other system.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"