Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: download dss lite

Default me too please

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Sent this to your user forum email inbox.
    please send me too

Default DSS Lite 1TB

You can find two files on our ftp:
    ftp://dss-lite-1tb:dl1tbdl1tb@ftp.open-e.com

First file is uactivate.lzm
    This file is for the customers who have already instaled DSS Lite 1TB and they are not able to activate it. In this case the customer have to put this file into drive with DSS Lite 1TB to this path: X:\devdrtm\base\uactivate.lzm using his favorite OS (where X is a drive letter).

Second file is dss_lite_win_setup_20080201_valid_act.exe
    This file is for the customer who have a plan to install DSS Lite 1TB. The instalation process is the same as in previous version of DSS Lite 1TB.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Activation Problem

You can find two files on our ftp:
    ftp://dss-lite-1tb:dl1tbdl1tb@ftp.open-e.com

First file is uactivate.lzm
    This file is for the customers who have already instaled DSS Lite 1TB and they are not able to activate it. In this case the customer have to put this file into drive with DSS Lite 1TB to this path: X:\devdrtm\base\uactivate.lzm using his favorite OS (where X is a drive letter).

Second file is dss_lite_win_setup_20080201_valid_act.exe
    This file is for the customer who have a plan to install DSS Lite 1TB. The instalation process is the same as in previous version of DSS Lite 1TB.
    When I try to activate Open-E DSS Lite
    it says:

Fehler
    Schlüssel kann nicht erstellt werden.

I also cannot active this DSS-lite. The error is: "Cannot generate key"

Are you using the same email address when you registered the first time, also check that you do not have any ports blocked on the firewall like 10444 and make sure HTTP Proxy is not enabled.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Are you using the same email address when you registered the first time, also check that you do not have any ports blocked on the firewall like 10444 and make sure HTTP Proxy is not enabled.
    I've never tried DSS Lite before. Did I have to registered to use it and where I can find the instructions with DSS Lite?

This file is for the customers who have already installed DSS Lite 1TB and they are not able to activate it from the past. We stopped the new registration a very long time ago. A newer version is to be out later in the next months.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default DSS Lite Activation

This file is for the customers who have already installed DSS Lite 1TB and they are not able to activate it from the past. We stopped the new registration a very long time ago. A newer version is to be out later in the next months.
    Hi I installed the 1 TB version when it first came out and like so many others had usb failure and then unable to re activate. I followed advice from answers to people with similar problem and installed the 60 day DSS Demo and that has now expired.
    I saw a new post giving an ftp file download and went back to my previous 1TB version.

I have used the uactivate.lzm file and checked ports are ok and deffo used the same email and password, but it is still unable to activate displaying a message 'Cannot generate key.'
    I use the dss server at home and store family photos and documents on it and getting a little worried I may never see them again. I know they exist on the drive because I can see them through - CONFIGURATION - NAS RESOURCES. I would be grateful for any more suggestions or fixes.
    Thanks
    Robert

Hi Robert,

Please enable the Remote support function in the Extended tools and ask for 30 day extension to get your data off the system. Then we we release the new DSS Lite version you can install it. Please backup your data until this new release is ready in July.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Downloadlink to DSS lite 2TB

Can you send me the the downloadlink to DSS lite 2TB?

Thanks a lot.