Visit Open-E website

Thread: Tape library capabilities?

Question Tape library capabilities?

What exactly are the tape library capabilities of DSS? And, are there any plans for better tape library support? Is anyone successfully using DSS or other Open-e products with tape libraries?

So far the testing I've done with a Tandberg T40+ Storage Library with LTO-4 drives has been successful. If all goes well once it's a production unit I should have the ability to back up 18+ TB with it.

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON THIS !! This would be good for others and myself to know.

Many thanks!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I've been using Bacula for the last few years to do disk and tape backups. Since Bacula is the basis of the built in backup system I am curious why file level backup and restore isn't possible at this time. If I want to restore a single user deleted file I have to restore the entire share somewhere and copy it over. This is time consuming and disk space hogging. Otherwise I have to purchase backup software with a DSS supported client.

We know of this issue and engineers will have this feature in our next product release in July.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Most excellent!