Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS + HP DL185 G5 compatibility

Default DSS + HP DL185 G5 compatibility

Hi,

The title pretty much says it all...does anyone have any experience getting DSS going on an HP DL185 G5? I ask because, in searching the forums, I've seen a fair amount of posts that allude to problems getting things working on HP ProLiant servers. Our shop is new to server virtualization/iSCSI storage/etc and it'd be nice to know that someone's went down this path with the DL185's before we begin.

Thanks!
    -phil

In the past we had to make some modifications to the USB module for HP to boot. HP does not like giving us there equipment to test - sort of a competitor issue . New version we don't have to anymore.

Anyway I know some of you out there have tested with the new DSS version and have it working. Please let him know.

Also if you do have this system, download and load on any usb stick. Read the readme file for the instructions.

ftp://software:enterforupdate@ftp.op...TLANTA/Open-E/
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I can say with certainty that the recent releases of DSS work seamlessly with the HP DL185G5.

I have a DL185 G5 with 6 SAS and 6 SATA Disks on a P800 controller and it works great.