Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Trial USB with ESXi 4

Default DSS Trial USB with ESXi 4

Hi All,

i just downloaded and installed DSS-USB Trial. I found out that only the 64-bits version is working with the ESXi 4 free version. I also read that there's an DSS Lite but ESXi 4 won't recognize the iSCSI Target. So I had to install the 64-bit Trial version. This works perfectly.

BUT, the trial will end in 60 days. Will all data be vanished when I reinstall the DEMO version?
    Also, there should be now a new version of DSS Lite but I understand that's not available (yet). Is this also come with a 64 bit version? Or better can I use a DSS Lite key with the DSS Demo?

I know a lot of questions But I hope someone can clear out this...

The DSS Trial version data will be available for the DSS professional versions and the DSS Lite will see the data providing you have a 1TB Volume Group.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Some more wuestions:

1)But will there be a 64-bit DSS Lite version?
    2) Can I restore the config from the Trial into the DSS Lite?
    3) Is there already a release date of the new DSS Lite?

DSS Lite is still under investigation and I won't be able to provide any other information until the near release of DSS Lite FREE version. Please be patient until management decides which features they will provide.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

DSS Lite will have the 64bit option and you will be able to restore your config as well.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"