Visit Open-E website
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: vSphere 4 - Support on the Way?

Thanks for the update. Engineers will compare other results and look to see if there is anything else. We are working with the SMC 10GbE nics but we wont have time to get the drivers ready for this version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Todd - Do you want me to send my logs?

Please do! I will be gone and wont able to review them until next week.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Todd -
    Thanks again. Here they are:
    http://upload.vmind.com/web-pub/cera...-June30.tar.gz
    http://upload.vmind.com/web-pub/cera...-June30.tar.gz

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jason

Engineers informed me that the new official version has resolved those errors that you had earlier and try test with the latest version and you should be good to go now.

iscsi-scst: ***ERROR*** Connection with initiator
    iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:ceraesx6 unexpectedly closed!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

So, is upd 4 the official v6 release? or is it still beta and the official release is comming?

Todd -
    Thanks for checking on this. I have some questions regarding installing the V6 final release. Mostly regarding the beta trial. I have roughly 30+ days left on on the beta update 1 trial, and was wondering what steps I should take to test out the full version of V6.

Do I update the 2nd SAN first, failover and then update the first?
    Can I update the beta version, or do I need to do a reinstall?
    Will the trial stay at the remaining 30 days, will it reset to 60, or do I need to purchase the licenses?

Let me know what you recommend, as I can do some system maintenance this weekend. We have migrated more physical to virtual in vsphere 4, so it becomes more important to have minor interruptions but also the stability and performance is key. I can also keep assisting in your vSphere 4 testing and certification if you would like. I have some other supermicro systems with 3ware controllers and 16 SATA drives if we want to test out other non-Dell configurations.

Anyways...thanks again and look forward to your recommendations.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by itr
    So, is upd 4 the official v6 release? or is it still beta and the official release is comming?

dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip is the latest DSS V6 version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by jsinclair
    Todd -
    Thanks for checking on this. I have some questions regarding installing the V6 final release. Mostly regarding the beta trial. I have roughly 30+ days left on on the beta update 1 trial, and was wondering what steps I should take to test out the full version of V6.

Do I update the 2nd SAN first, failover and then update the first?
    Can I update the beta version, or do I need to do a reinstall?
    Will the trial stay at the remaining 30 days, will it reset to 60, or do I need to purchase the licenses?
    Jason
    Hey Todd -
    Can you point me in the right direction on this? I'm anxious to move off the beta but want to make sure I have a plan setup first :-)

Thanks again,
    Jason

I am so sorry for not getting back to earlier - I was on a much needed vacation. Any way feel free if you want to buzz me or send me an email. Other then that upgrades will be avail. at the end of the month. We have to get a the prod. key ready. We wanted to do the full version first before upgrades. Only thing to do is save your settings and download logs for a backup.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"