Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is LSI MegaRAID Management still on last LAN port?

When you are done can you send the logs to support and this post link so the engineers can dig into it. Also latest is 3535.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Done, with latest version.
    Just before grabbing the logs, I also repeated the test of pulling: a PSU (there are two), a fan, and a Hdd in RAID set. The server status LED lit yellow and enclosure / RAID card sounded alarms correctly, then restorded to normal, but no events appear to be logged. There's also a screenshot of the HW Monitoring page, eternally waiting for something.

I will repeat this exercise with v5 (eg. 3518) to compare soon, as we have a system ready to ship to a customer now, and v6 would not be a good idea yet.
    Cheers.

Thanks for the logs we got them - please provide the update to the engineers so they can get this back to you. I need them to test this and look at the scripts.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Another test round using 3518 in 64bit mode (& this time started everything from scratch - no existing vg or config/setup), and replicated the last-port issue, & logs sent to support@open-e.com.
    Summary:
    - RWC detected MegaRaid agent/device on eth0 & eth1 ok, but login fails on eth1
    - Raid vd degradation status changes were correctly logged and notifications sent this time

All in all, a good result considering the previous confusing results, hopping betwewn versions 3278, 3518, & v6updt4, and trying both 32 & 64 bit versions of each. Cheers.

Thanks for the tests Silicon, what was the ticket # that you received.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Not sure of the case number sorry, I generally just shift-delete all notifications! (but I do save all the replies).
    The title of my email was: "Forum issue re MegaRaid & RWC - logon failure on all bust last eth port. For To-M", hopefully you can search on this. Cheers.

Found it - 1010890
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Silicon - Just keeping you updated, developers are working on this issue but will need more time. They sometimes notice that it works but only after RWC is running over 20 minutes until it is possible to access it over the NIC and even then the login works randomly or disks are not listed.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"