Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is LSI MegaRAID Management still on last LAN port?

Default Is LSI MegaRAID Management still on last LAN port?

We use Intel/LSI MegaRAID cards and have been generally happy only being able to use only the last LAN/eth port for remote RAID manegament by Intel's RWC (RAID Web Concole) or LSI's MSM (MegaRAID Storage Manager).

We have just tried DSS 3511 demo and cannot connect RWC/MSM to any LAN/eth port. I know DSS has better GUI support for MegaRAID management these days, but it doesn't do what RWC/MSM can do, so we still need it. Anyone know of any changes before I spend time trying to figure out what's up? Cheers.

Just downloading new v6 beta & it's readme states that the feature is not available in 64-bit mode - so I guess this is a 64-bit issue. Do we have any idea when there will be 64-bit LSI Web Console compatability? Cheers

We hope to have this in Sept. release.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Testing with v6 update4, RWC access on last eth port now seems to present. The "last port" issue still seems to be there, tho whereas previously RWC would detect nothing on the other ports, our quick testing of v6 instead shows an inability to logon, so something's changed.

Back up the suggestion to change to 32-bit mode instead, this has an interesting effect for DSS v6 Lite, that doesn't seem to allow 32-bit mode to be selected/saved at all!

Can you send in the logs to suppor@open-e.com I want them to see this so we can check the port or access information. I dont think it is on your end as I have seen 2 other cases like this and need to get them to compile the results.

DSS Lite has only 64bit mode, part of the free version specs.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Thanks.
    DSS Lite has only 64bit mode, part of the free version specs
    . Aha, that explains it then!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but it is LSI/hardware related. Just did more "status monitoring" tests on v6 Lite, and it seems that there is no hardware/Raid agent "listening" during my test. On our standard Intel SSR212MC2 (McKay Creek/"MC2") platform, when popping a PSU, a fan, or a HDD that's part of a Raid set, no events were logged at all. Hardware platform is set correctly. In addition, Status/Hardware/HardwareMonitoring is not displaying any data any more, just waiting. Might just leave v6 Lite for others to struggle with.
    Just repeated this with a fresh v6 Demo, and again, no logging or notification of major hardware events (as per above). I am not sure the Hardware Monitoring section of the page is working correctly, as it initially displays the usual MC2 information ok, but then stays in a permanent state of refresh/reload (little circle goes round and round, waiting for something?), rather than periodic refreshes like in v5.

After another v6 Demo test, RWC access is definitely still on the last eth port only. That logon issue I note in the previous post didn't repeat (RWC often does that sort of thing, makes life confusing!), this time it found nothing at all. Cheers.

Just tested with V6 build 3534 (though I think you are using the latest if you just downloaded it) and the SSR212MC2 and go the following. I did this with Firefox but IE should be the same.

BatteryType iBBU
    Voltage 5470 mV
    Current 350 mA
    Temperature 31 C
    Firmware Status 00000028
    Fully Discharged No
    Fully Charged No
    Discharging No
    Initialized Yes
    Remaining Time Alarm No
    Remaining Capacity Alarm No
    Discharge Terminated No
    Over Temperature No
    Charging Terminated No
    Over Charged No
    Relative State of Charge 40 %
    Charger System State 4113
    Charger System Ctrl 13
    Charging current 350 mA
    Absolute state of charge 38 %
    Max Error 25 %
    Relative State of Charge 40 %
    Absolute State of charge 38 %
    Remaining Capacity 335 mAh
    Full Charge Capacity 831 mAh
    Run time to empty 65535 Min
    Average time to empty 65535 Min
    Average Time to full 86 Min
    Cycle Count 12
    Max Error 25 %
    Remaining Capacity Alarm 100 mAh
    Remaining Time Alarm 10 Min
    Auto Learn Period 2592000 Sec
    Next Learn time 0 Sec
    Learn Delay Interval 0 Hours
    Auto-Learn Mode Enabled
    Date of Manufacture 08/14, 2006
    Design Capacity 880 mAh
    Design Voltage 4800 mV
    Specification Info 33
    Serial Number 447
    Pack Stat Configuration 0x68a0
    Manufacture Name lsia11000a
    Device Name *5806-4
    Device Chemistry NiMH
    IPMI Sensors:
    BB +1.2V Vtt 1.2 V
    BB +1.5V AUX 1.49 V
    BB +1.5V 1.48 V
    BB +1.8V 1.8 V
    BB +3.3V 3.37 V
    BB +3.3V STB 3.3 V
    BB +1.5V ESB 1.49 V
    BB +5V 5.1 V
    BB +12V AUX 12.03 V
    BB 0.9V 0.9 V
    Baseboard Temp 33 °C / 91.4 °F
    Mem Therm Margin 0 °C / 32 °F
    P1 Therm Margin -45 °C / -49 °F
    Proc 1 Vcc 1.22 V
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by silicon
    After another v6 Demo test, RWC access is definitely still on the last eth port only. That logon issue I note in the previous post didn't repeat (RWC often does that sort of thing, makes life confusing!), this time it found nothing at all. Cheers.

I talked with engineers on found out that we have support for this for the LSI 8888 ELP, I am asking them to please fix this and note it in the release notes as well.

I heard from someone the Java version will work but RWC has or uses the JRE. So trying to figure that out. Sorry for the bump on this one but trying to get our guys to work on this ASAP.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Thanks for the update.
    After yet another v6 install (3530), the hardware monitoring is working better, but I am sure there is still work to do. Eg. it is not reporting any Disk Status data at the moment (the MC2 uses the Intel SRCSASJV / LSI8888ELP card). In previous versions of DSS it would simply report them as all "empty", I think because the agent expected a SRCSAS144e card and not the SRCSASJV! I also think that if the agent doesn't like the hardware sensor data, it can make DSS GUI unstable. I will try yet again with latest version soon - but maybe it is not really ready for production yet. Cheers.