Visit Open-E website

Thread: NFS service ON FAILED

Exclamation NFS service ON FAILED

Hi,

I am having quite the same symptoms as described in http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=1305 : after system shutdown/restart status shows NFS service ON FAILED.

error.log shows:

/bin/ls: /sys/class/dma: No such file or directory
    ls: /sys/class/dma/: No such file or directory
    Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table
    /var/nasexe/sendlog: line 335: /var/nasconf/bacula/bacula.conf: No such file or directory

Running repair tools and unchecking/checking again Use NFS does not help.

Please advise!

Thanks.

When running the Filesystem repair utility did you do a memory test? To do this restart the system and after POST enter the ESC or TAB key to gain access to the basic menu and select the Run Memtest function. LEt this run for approx. 1 - 2 hrs. then restart and turn off the NFS protocol then back on again.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Fixed

I ran the memtest for 2 hrs, and it solved the problem. I did not need to turn the NFS protocol off/on. Thanks for the advise!

Since I am not the first one to ask this question, I suppose it could qualify for a KB article.

Yes, already on it about the KB - thanks for the suggestion!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Dejavu

Well, it hit me again... After C-A-K shutdown, NFS is ON FAILED. Only this time even memtest does not help. Any ideas?

Now, I really wonder - since it was a normal shutdown, am I going to face such behavior every time I turn the device off? Could I have messed up with configuration/setup somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

I think you have a ticket on this issue with our support team. I have placed a note to them to find out what the cause is and to see if there is a reason why this is happening.

Can I ask you (Though I hate to do this ) - can you try to restart again or run the filesystem repair utility again, even again once more to see if it kicks on. Also try to turn off the NFS service from the NAS Settings then run the repair filesystem, restart and turn back on again.

Again sorry for the amount of effort to resolve this issue.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Yep, I created a ticket, turned on remote support and have been waiting since... So far no updates.

What is the ticket number and I will try to see what is the status.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

It's 1009422 - thanks!

Ok, I have seen the ticket and they did see your connection but it was lost. They want you to try to reconnect again. A note will be sent to you about this and reschedule another session.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"