Visit Open-E website

Thread: How to manager LSI controller with MegaRaid Manager

Default How to manager LSI controller with MegaRaid Manager

I installed MegaRaid manager on a 2008 server and trying to remotely manage my Open-e server with an LSI card in it. What login/password would I use to connect remotely to my Open-E lsi card to monitor raid functionality?

Tried root, admin, administrator for the login and for the Password I used the password I set up for Full-Access. Sent an email to Support but they didn't know.

Anyone?

Default username and password are both "raid."
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

That doesn't work. Using windows version 2.88 of megaraid manager.

Does Areca have a web based manager like 3ware does within Open-E. I don't like the idea of not having raid management tools on the same box as the open-e.

Thanks!

Lightbulb

The password for raid controllers is independent of that used for the open-e interface and must be set up seperately. The password for Areca raid cards (username:admin) is "0000" or four zeros. Four or five zeros is a common password for raid cards or LCDs on raid arrays. The areca controller web gui (usually on port 6666) can be accessed through the open-e web gui through "Setup -> H/W RAID", just like the 3ware ones. Areca cards also often have their own ethernet port for administration, but I usually don't use that, except for telnet access to the areca interface.

Thanks for the info. I have some 9690se cards and like them, but the ability to have 4 gig of cache on the Areca sounds like a good idea for a SAN. Will order one and test it out.

May I ask if you are running DSS in 32-bit or 64 bit mode?
    And if 64-bit mode, what version of DSS?