Visit Open-E website

Thread: Migrating From Trial To Full Version

Default Migrating From Trial To Full Version

The company I work for is about to purchase 2 DoM's to take the place of the two trial systems we are using. What I wanted to know is can we simply copy our settings for our existing trial over? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the volumes would simply de-activate after the trial was over, but that they could be re-activated simply by getting a valid key. So is it possible to simply copy the config over? Or will we need to start from scratch?

The volume configuration is stored on the first volume you created, so if you install the the DOM with the key, it should discover your current volume(s).

You should also make a copy of the configuration data via the WEB-UI which you can then re-import into the purchased version.

Even if that doesn't work, the only things that you will loose are some generall settings. I have gone through that a couple of times when I tried DSS from the Demo CD - didn't had a problem once.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

Sweet! So it's likely to be even easier than I thought it might be. Much appreciated info!

Diakio

Just save your settings (choose both places)
    power down
    remove DSS lite
    install DSS
    power on
    load settings

You may want to backup your data in case Murphy rears his ugly head, but I've done this a couple of times without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by symm
    Diakio

Just save your settings (choose both places)
    power down
    remove DSS lite
    install DSS
    power on
    load settings

You may want to backup your data in case Murphy rears his ugly head, but I've done this a couple of times without any problems.
    Well we finally got our licensed version. Thanks a lot for the info dude, worked like a charm!