Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSS6 Beta and XEN server 5.5

Engineers reviewed the link and it seems it is not related. the problem with XEN is that SCST does not work with it. IET will work properly.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Engineers reviewed the link and it seems it is not related. the problem with XEN is that SCST does not work with it. IET will work properly.
    Thank for your answer! I'm was changed "iSCSI solution type" the IETd instead of the default SCST and create new iSCSI volume with type "File I/O". In XenCenter I was added new storage repository is type iSCSI without any problem. BUT! Every time, after reboot DSS V6 server, iSCSI storage state is "BROKEN" and I can't "Rapair Storage Repository". I must go to "web_interface_dssv6server-CONFIGURATION-iSCSI target manager-Targetsiqn.2009-09:dss.target2" and press "-" action, operation was performed, press "+" action in "Target volume manager". After these actions I can "Rapair Storage Repository" in XenCenter. Help me please resolve this trouble!

Can you rescan the connection from the XEN server side to reconnect when rebooting the DSS server?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Can you rescan the connection from the XEN server side to reconnect when rebooting the DSS server?
    If DSS V6 server reboot and XEN servers do not reboot, in XenCenter state of "iSCSI virtual disk storage" is OK, but it is no true! Because, any virtual computer on "iSCSI virtual disk storage" can not be started. In addition, if try reattach storage repository in in XenCenter, I get error "Scanning for LUNs on iSCSI filer DSS_SERVER_IP_ADDRES. No LUNs were found on DSS_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS. Check your settings and try again." To resolve this I must go to "web_interface_dssv6server-CONFIGURATION-iSCSI target manager-Targetsiqn.2009-09:dss.target2" and press "-" action, after operation was performed, press "+" action in "Target volume manager".

Just to make sure to the following you are not using the Auto Failover and that IET is being used here. If this is the case send in the logs to support@open-e.com as there might be another initiator that could be connected to the DSS V6 preventing the XEN server to connect to the LUN.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

In "CTRL + ALT + W -> Tuning options -> iSCSI daemon options -> iSCSI solution -> IETD ISCSI" is selected.

What is " Auto Failove" where this option must be on Xen side or on DSS side?

might be another initiator that could be connected to the DSS V6 preventing the XEN server to connect to the LUN.
    I am using two xen server combined in the POOl may be trouble in this...?

The Auto Failover is on the DSS V6 side and I was thinking that maybe it was incorrectly setup for the SCSI ID's or Target Name and LUN# that has to match. If your not using this feature then we can then look at the logs to see if two initiators are accessing the LUN but logs would be needed to see or you can look into the test.log file and search for the session heading to see what it connected.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Where I can find this file "test.log" and how I can take logs with DSS a server?

Go to Status > Hardware > Logs and download the log file then use a program like Winrar to open there you will see the file called test.log
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I can confirm this behaviour...after rebooting the DDS V6 box the storage isn't attached to my Xenserver nodes...repairing doesn't work. I also use IETD. What works for me is resetting the iscsi connections in maintenance and repair the storage repository after that... This seems to work until now but it is a bit annoying...