Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSS6 Beta and XEN server 5.5

Default DSS6 Beta and XEN server 5.5

Hello All,

I have XEN server 5.5 essentials and DSS6 Beta. Both are running on DELL Poweredge 2950 server.

I created target and assigned one LUN to it. When I try to attach iSCSI LUN to XEN, I am getting error "No such device. Check your settings and try again".

I can able to discover IQN and LUN on XEN server and it is showing correct IQN and LUN. But when I click finish button it is starting scanning for LVM over iSCSI SRs on IP_ADDRESS_of_DSS" and after some time it is giving me error that "No such device. Check your settings and try again".

I created iSCSI Logical volumne using file-IO. I tried with block IO also but I got same result.

I am able to connec DSS6 iSCSI LUN to windows vista with Microsoft iSCSI initiator. So is ther any issue with XEN and DSS6?

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the testing on this. We got your ticket from the support team - can you send the logs from the DSS V6 to them.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

What was the LUN # you used - test with LUN 1 not 0.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Engineers would like to see if you can test with the IETd instead of the default SCST - to change this go to the console then enter CTRL + ALT + W then Tuning options then iSCSI daemon then iSCSI solution then select IETd - you will lose connections from a reset and you will need to reconnect from the inititator side.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

hi,

try to recreate the volumes. i had the same problems with xen 5.0 and dss5.

roger

After changing to IETD. I can able to access from XEN server.

Thanks for help,
    Urvik

Quote Originally Posted by urvik
    After changing to IETD. I can able to access from XEN server.

Thanks for help,
    Urvik
    LUN0 and LUN1 still not working with latest DSS 6 and Xenserver 5.5. Any updates Todd?

Tom

I was able to connect with DSS6 update3 beta with XEN5.5 without any problem. But I updated to DSS6 full version and I am able to connect to XEN 5.5 with IETD but I am not able to create any VM on the storage.

If you all are using the latest version of DSS V6 with File IO and IET this should work. I want you all to send in the to support. We need to start collecting the data and run some tests then we can post on the KB once engineers are able to see what is going.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Engineers would like to see if you can test with the IETd instead of the default SCST - to change this go to the console then enter CTRL + ALT + W then Tuning options then iSCSI daemon then iSCSI solution then select IETd - you will lose connections from a reset and you will need to reconnect from the inititator side.

Thenks, this solution is help me, but after reboot DSS V6 physcial machines, XenServer warns that the dss v6 iSCSI stroage cannot be reconnected, therefore, I try to reconnect it. But while I try to connect the iSCSI stroage, after I type in IP and discovered the target IQN, then I try to discover the LUN attached to the IQN, then it fails, the error message on XenServer console is "no LUNs were found on IP. Check your settings and try again."

The same problem with openfire server, and this problem was resolved in this http://community.citrix.com/display/...+Openfiler+2.3
    But, what can i do with DSS V6?

Thanks!