Visit Open-E website

Thread: New DSS Module installed - No restore of previous settings

Exclamation New DSS Module installed - No restore of previous settings

Hi,

I have a problem with a new DSS USB module I got this week from open-e support after the old one got corrupted with the message: 'System Corrupted No USB flash module has been found'.
    The open-e support wrote me an e-mail that all settings will be restored automatically following the next steps:

1. change the DSS module
    2. Boot the server with the new module
    3. chnge the system architecture to 32 Bit
    4. reboot the the system
    5. System is up with the previous settings.

I did everything in this order but the old setting are not restored. All settings are gone!!! What can I do to restore them? I don't want to set up everything from scratch...

A must have requirement is not to lose all the data on volume.

I need to solve the problem during this weekend, mondey the server should be available again.

Thank your very much in advance.

Paul

Lightbulb

Well, usually when I replace a DOM, I have to get into the web gui and restore the settings from there. Usually, it makes a backup of the settings automatically with every reboot. But if you're having problems with the DOM, sometimes it won't properly save the settings. Because of that, I recommend backing up your settings to a PC (as well as to the open-e system) anytime you make a lot of changes. But, I've never had a time when there wasn't SOME settings I could go back to (although, when a DOM has been acting up for a long time, the last one or two settings can be corrupt).

Don't worry about the data on your disks. It's safe. I've never had a customer completely lose data on his disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotbeat
    Well, usually when I replace a DOM, I have to get into the web gui and restore the settings from there. Usually, it makes a backup of the settings automatically with every reboot. But if you're having problems with the DOM, sometimes it won't properly save the settings. Because of that, I recommend backing up your settings to a PC (as well as to the open-e system) anytime you make a lot of changes. But, I've never had a time when there wasn't SOME settings I could go back to (although, when a DOM has been acting up for a long time, the last one or two settings can be corrupt).

Don't worry about the data on your disks. It's safe. I've never had a customer completely lose data on his disks.
    Problem solved.

I could restore it manually.

Thanks
    Paul