Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get v6 demo to install - I'm doing something wrong!

Default Can't get v6 demo to install - I'm doing something wrong!

I'm trying to run the v6 demo (dss6.0up01_beta.oe_i.tar.gz), followed the instructions, and it boots ok, I select "Run software installer", it says "Loading..." for a while , then we get just a Linux "#" prompt.

I have tried 3 server systems (2 new Intel SR2600UR & a Intel Foxcove) and 2 USB mem-sticks, and all the same. So I am obviously doing something wrong - am I the only one? Probably, as it is the end of a loooong day! Chers.

Aha, I see there's an update 03 now, I'll dnld that & see what happens.

I had actually problems booting up.
    There was an error that the product key is wrong.

cheers
    Matthias

The demos runs fine, but can't install the demo (dss6.0up03_beta.oe_i.tar.gz). I accept the terms, then 1s later i will be asked if the installer should reboot or install again. If i choose installing again, then i see instantly the same dialog with a flashing console with python errors, scan devices and errors in lines 32 and 58. After rebooting, no install has happened.

Don't use the software installer with DSS V6 to update DSS V5. This wont be ready until later in August or sooner.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I'm still stumpted!
    I used dss6.0up03_beta.oe_i.tar, and tried "Run software installer" and "64-bit..." menu options, and still the same - the "Loading..." msg, then a hash ('#') prompt. I can do an 'ls' and there's a bunch of directories, & if I was a Linux wiz, I could probably run the DSS application, but I'm not, so I can't!

The joys of beta testing! Any suggestions? I guess I can find another server to try on.
    Cheers.

Try this release - should help. Also for everyone else, please download and test, should be the last cut version.

ftp://beta:download@ftp.open-e.com/

Please note, there is make_iso.exe (and make_iso.sh for Linux) available in boot directory.
    So it is very easy to create ISO image.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

FYI, that update 4 worked, glad I could get one of them working on our Intel hardware, seeings it's the last cut. Cheers.

dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip. The problem with installing is for me fixed.
    "Security is like an onion - the more you dig in the more you want to cry"

me too.

up4 is working!