Visit Open-E website

Thread: How to delete a logical volume in DSS v6

Unhappy How to delete a logical volume in DSS v6

Okay. I know this question may be dull, but I am not able to find a way to delete Logical Volumes.
    I am currently testing Open-E and am trying to see what is the best base configuration to go with, including networking (using 2 interfaces to test different load balancing methods), RAID levels, testing degraded performance or RAID 5/6, rebuild rate, overall system load etc.

So this tiny mini little problem is driving me nuts! Everytime I want to test a different RAID array OR chunk size, I have go to go SuSE boot disk to delete all the logical volumes and RAIDs...

Someone help please!

Sometimes it helps to modify the existing volume in the volume manager, e.g. resize it and afterwards the volume can be deleted via the WebUI.

Other things to keep in mind:
    - all replication or snapshot jobs must be deleted before a volume can be removed
    - all snapshots mus be removed as well

Give it a shot.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

Thank you Budy,
    Well this seemed a bit odd, but that helped. Since I'm still benchmarking, I don't have replication setup, nor mirroring, nor backup.
    Actually deleting the volume is something I was able to do(after a reboot), but deleting the a volume group - that is something I cannot manage to.

Deleting a VG is possible through SSH, but I think SSH is not yet ready in the DSS6 Beta.

Cheers,
    Budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

Danke dir Budy,

so I will have to wait a bit before implementing DSS v6... any idea about the final release date of V6?

According to Todd, DSS6 will ship in early July, but as always, don't rely too much on that. The release date of Atlanta, a special version of DSS5, had been posponed a couple of times, making it from January to April, if I rememer correctly.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!