Hi,

I've been doing some testing on the Beta version and I find the performance extremely poor.

I configured two systems to test the synchronous failover using iSCSI Byte I/O. I had not used it before, so it took some time. The transfer rate obtained was about 10 MB/s.

After stopping the sync task, I performed other tests to other volumes. The transfer rate was, at most, about 23 MB/s. The same test to another target using Openfiler was about 34MBs, although the hardware is different and, arguably less powerful.

What I find really odd is that the System Load Avr from Statistics, when machine is "doing nothing", vary between 2 and 4. If there is any connection is goes up to 6 or 8, and stay there. CPU average is always about 20%.

I must say that I am booting from an USB pen. I don't know if this has significant effect, but I am using the previous version of Open-e Lite on an equal machine and don't have this kind of issues.

The machines, although not very power for today's standard are:
Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy RX S3 - BIOS and firmware updated
16GB RAM
2 x QuadCore Xeon @ 1,6GHz
LSI ROMB RAID 256MB Cache
6 x SAS 300GB 10Krpm Seagate as RAID 5
Intel Corporation PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter
2 x Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5715 Gigabit Ethernet (rev a3)

Is there any possibility to get a previous version of DSS (lite) to install on the same hardware and make comparisons. I have one licensed (2TB) but is in production.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks,
Jose