Visit Open-E website

Thread: WAN protocol?

Default WAN protocol?

Good afternoon!

Quick question about replication over a WAN - the example given in the online help seems to refer to replication over a cloud, that is, there is an internet link between the two replicating servers.

In my case, I have a point-to-point T1 link. Although the servers are on different subnets, the data link is always on.

Does the WAN tickbox allow for anything other than a Replication ID, which appears to be an additional security measure? Or is there some measure of time synch or additional lag tolerance or some such built in?

Thanks!

Gregg

Default bump

wondering what the WAN protocol addresses...

WAN option is for security for the Replication ID also associated with the ports 12000-13999 and 40000. More details can be found http://www.drbd.org
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I look around on that website but couldn't find any more info on that. So it adds additional security? We are replicating over a VPN and more security is always better. Is there any reason NOT to enable it?

The WAN option should be used when not using a VPN to prevent unauthorized access to the data do not use it in LAN environments.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube