Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with activation of DSS lite v6

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 2 votes.
Thread has been visited 415180 times.

I am also following this issue, but I did need a storage server, so I turned to another solution. Yet as soon as this issue is resolved, I will reinstall my DSS Lite server and try again.

Same issue here.
    Installed Data Storage Software V6 Lite vesrion 6.0up04.8401.3530 32bit from a USB Cd in a DL380G3 and got the 'Could not create preactivation file. Please contact support.' during the offline activation.
    Opened a support ticket. Got answer that lite version has limited support.
    How do you think I test this product if I cannot evaluate it?
    I am a reseller, what about NFR keys also?
    Regards
    Stefano

1) Once you access the DSS Lite page to download from link below:
    http://www.open-e.com/account/login/...s-and-updates/

2) Then click on the "Generate Product Key" button to obtain the key. Then copy and past the key in the GUI located in HELP -> about... -> Function: Add license key.

3) Then restart the system.

4) If you want to use the "Offline activation - internet access not required" then download hardware stamp In order to activate your license system requires hardware stamp. To download your hardware stamp, please click the download button and save the file on your local disk.

5) Then email the hardware stamp the following address: activation@activation-key.com

6) Then upload the activation file that you received from Open-E and you will be registered.

Concerning the NFRs we sent out the email to all partners, that we will supply you 2 NFRs. Please contact your regional sales person as this would be better . I know this went out as I assisted on the emailing. Many do not read the email or have spam filters or have 100's of emails daily (LIKE ME ) and may have deleted it (NOT LIKE ME ).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd,
    my problem is with step 4 in your list.
    when I try to create the hardware stamp I get the 'Could not create preactivation file. Please contact support.' error.
    Regards
    Stefano

Ok, I this can be an isolated incident as I tested several times without issues today and had others test as well.

Can you try to load the DSS Lite on a different usb flash stick and format again, make sure that you did a MD5 check. Then register another DSS Lite. Then start again. Also are there any errors?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I want you to try another approach as well. I will send you an FTP link to your Forum email account and test with a new version. Then I can give you the product key file. I think this will work for you. We will be releasing this new version officially before next week.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Ok, sent you the info - please let me know how this works.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Also we have created a link for you as well:

ftp://beta:download@ftp.open-e.com
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hello,
    download in progress, when new version is installed I will let you know.
    In the meanwhile another question about licensing of DSS 4TB:
    is the installation limited to one phisycal box or can I install on several hw boxes with the limit of 4TB overall?
    In other words is it possible to purchase a single license and obtain two 2TB volumes in replica?
    Regards
    Stefano

DSS 4TB is for one system only and the license keys are assigned per SN# so it will be for this system only. You can purchase many of the License keys but you need to provide the SN# of that system to install on.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"