Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS V6 Promise EX8350 Boot problem

Default DSS V6 Promise EX8350 Boot problem

I have a problem with the EX8350.

DSS 6 U4 installed on internal IDE disk
    EX8350 with 4x 1TB

BIOS V2.9.0.28
    Firmware V1.3.0.37 (also downgraded to 1.3.0.32)

If the RAID Controller is plugged in, DSS isn't able to boot! It stops at the point where the screen "Loading..." would appear. In 64bit mode I can see only a small green line in the upper right, in 32bit I see only a black screen... In both cases the internal HD has no activity.

If I remove the RAID Controller, the system is starting without problems, but without storage

This system was running perfect with Openfiler, but without Console Tools and WebPam support! So i didn't noticed that 2 of 8 HDs in RAID6 already died...

But at the moment DSS is not a real alternative

I hope there will be a solution...

I've seen V6 is released, so I have to add that it is the Trial Version and not the Lite Version without HW RAID support

Trial version has HW RAID support.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Yes, this is the version I use, the trial version. In the meanwhile I tried Update 3 with the same result...

Can you send in the logs to support@open-e.com Engineers might be able to see whats going on.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

It looks like problem with boot loader or hardware incompatibility. We could have maybe a fix for this please contact support.