Visit Open-E website

Thread: For next update/revision -

Default For next update/revision -

Could we get the server name to show up on the console and the top of the GUI? When you work with multiple servers it helps to know exactly which server you're dealing with...

Thanks!

Gregg

Default Agreed

Have you looked at the upper left hand title bar? I'm on V5 and it displays my DNS name there. Helps me keep up with which server I'm on.

Quote Originally Posted by Diakiao
    Have you looked at the upper left hand title bar? I'm on V5 and it displays my DNS name there. Helps me keep up with which server I'm on.
    Yes, in the GUI it's there. At 12AM it can be kind of blurry, though. It'd be cool to have it in big red letters when you're already groggy.

And in the console, you're only real clue is the IP addressing - again, can be blurry in the wee, theoretical hours of the morning. I've come close to shutting down an operating iSCSI server and boning all my virtual servers - it could have been a bad thing...

Gregg

Yeah it is kinda teeny in the top bar. Would be nice if it could be displayed in a very obvious way in the primary gui. And I second the idea for making it big and bright on the console! That would eliminate having to figure out which server you are on via IP. I agree that you can figure it out as it is, it's just not as easy as it could be.

Default Another installment in the ongoing saga

of DSS - how big a pain would it be to begin integrating a data deduplication function? I'm thinking a file-level application that would only work at the NAS level, and be granular enough for an admin to flag a file "NoDedup" if you're using the NAS for OS storage...

Totally out of the question?

Not a deal-breaker, but would be a nice market differentiator in this space...

Gregg

We are looking into this to have this in future releases but no set date as of yet. It's not that it cant be done it's scheduling all the other requests that we have. Just give us some time
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube