Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dss6 BUG

Default dss6 BUG

Todd,

With release dss6, when you go to maintenance and tell it to download/check for updates, it downloads an update that doesn't work on dss6, says it is for 3513/3518 only and doesn't boot back up until you hit enter.

Might wanna let devs know.

Tom

With DSS V6 check that you have the latest version dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip. I just tested this in the Software update Tab and was able to download a small update.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    With DSS V6 check that you have the latest version dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip. I just tested this in the Software update Tab and was able to download a small update.
    Todd, yea it'll download it, however go issue a reboot and watch your console, says the update is not for this version and requires 3513/3518.

I am running:

6.0up04.8101.3530 64bit

and when I tell it to apply/check for updates, it downloads 49M worth of updates, again, when applied and rebooted it errors out and says wrong version hit enter to reboot to priot version.

tom

Could you supply some screen shots and anything in the event viewer for errors. I just tested this again and did not get the same problem.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi Todd,

I am having the same problem, running v6 3530 in 32bits. (installed from dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip).

Here are the screenshots, when I check for updates it downloads 49MB and shows this:

Then I click ACCEPT and shows this:

Then I reboot and the console shows this:

Hit ENTER and reboots again to 3530, if I check for updates same thing happens again...

Hope this helps.

By the way, nothing at all on the event viewer...

Thanks for the screen shots - I have sent this to our developers to look into this. For now hold off until I find out what is going on and use the manual upload if there are new updates.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Thanks for the screen shots - I have sent this to our developers to look into this. For now hold off until I find out what is going on and use the manual upload if there are new updates.
    Yea, surprised you didn't run into this on your test setup, I've seen this many times so far testing 6.0...

I have the same screen caps if needed, hopefully not though.

Tom

We did test this out and I tested it last week without issues so must be from the location of the site where it is directed, easy fix and there is a portal that you can get the downloads from. Easy and something we are at least honest about and not hiding. AAA
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Yikes, Todd, didn't mean to upset you, just surprised it didn't show up.

So you are saying each DSS install uses multiple download locations to grab updates from?

Are there any patches yet for 6?

Tom