Visit Open-E website

Thread: system corrupted

Default system corrupted

Hi Experts,

I am getting this error message "system corrupted no usb flash module has been found" when i start the system.

Is there any update or any solution that can resovle this problem.
    The operating system is on a USB drive.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reinstalling the module from a CD? Download an update CD from Open-e for your version.

When I've had this happen in the past I've had to tweak the USB settings in the BIOS to get the update to install. Try setting the USB speed to v1 rather than v2.

Even if you select upgrade rather than factory defaults in my experience you will probably lose your settings but the data should still be on the disks.

Once you've had this happen a few times you get in the habit of making a backup of the settings.

Of course the module could be toast in which case it's an RMA and run with a trial CD.

Good luck

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelution
    Have you tried reinstalling the module from a CD? Download an update CD from Open-e for your version.

When I've had this happen in the past I've had to tweak the USB settings in the BIOS to get the update to install. Try setting the USB speed to v1 rather than v2.

Even if you select upgrade rather than factory defaults in my experience you will probably lose your settings but the data should still be on the disks.

Once you've had this happen a few times you get in the habit of making a backup of the settings.

Of course the module could be toast in which case it's an RMA and run with a trial CD.

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply,

Can you please let me know where I can find the update and the installation procedure.
    I dint install this before. it was installed by one of my colleauge and he has left the company. I think the DSS which is running now is a full version.

Thanks

You can download the updates from the open-e website once you've logged in and registered your module.

The serial number should be stamped on the module if you can't boot into the software to locate it. Try registering it but I'm no sure what the procedure is if it has already been registered by someone else.

If you don't have the login details I suggest you email support directly and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

The update is pretty straight forward, download .ISO, burn CD, boot CD, prompt for upgrade or clean install, reboot to USB.

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve,

I see different updates starting from 1.15 ro v.5.00 after registering the serial number.
    Can I update to the latest one directly.
    And will this effect in any data lost, if I update the software.
    or are they any things that i need to takecare so that the data is not lost.

Thanks in advance.

Your data will always be safe, since it's not stored on the USB DOM, but on the disks that build your storage.

There's absolutely no risk in performing the update.
    Even if the update should fail, you can still operate the DSS from the Trial CD and get your DOM replaced in time the trial runs out.

I'd suggest that you open a ticket with support to elaborate on this with you.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

Hi,

I have opened a ticket in support and I did call them up they have suggest me to flash the BIOS so that the USB 2.0 id disabled.
    I tried a bootable USB from windows and tried flashing. a when i did that the dos say that bad command or file not found.

any other suggestion or can i flash it from linux or any other operating system.

if yes can you please proved me with the links.

Thanks in advance

and I have also updated the version of DSS but it dint help me

hello hello

You should reflash with the latest version of dss as Pixelution suggested

download update from the website
    burn to cd
    boot with cd
    follow update directions.

remove cd
    reboot system

I forgot

it worked for me