Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: W8K Cluster

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT
    No worries, cphastings, I am now running a full HA Hyper-V cluster, but (and it is a big but) I have not been able to go down the preferred route of CSV's.

I hope it won't be long before someone from open-e updates this thread with some info on the last remaining issue to be ironed out...
    So the way you're running right now is one lun per VM correct? That's the only way I can think of it working without CSV's.

Without CSV's I just don't even see the point in doing a full HA Hyper-V cluster.

To-M or any of the other moderators - are there any updates as far as this issue is concerned? Do CuppaT or others need to submit their logs?

Thanks!

OMG, this is exactly what I wanted to deploy......

Is it a bonding problem or any other problem?

Without CSV, Hyper-V R2 is almost the same as the useless Hyper-V. No live migration....no talk.....

Do you guys install core for all the Hyper-V R2 nodes or just pure Hyper-V Server R2?

Well, as soon as this is fixed and I deploy R2 I will be running Server Core R2 Enterprise, because it gives you 4 free virtual licenses of Enterprise Server to run under Hyper-V.

To-M, still no answer on what is going on with this?

Bump - no word from support on this issue?

Heeeeeelllloooooo open-e support .....?!
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Sorry to be a pest about this, but is everyone on vacation or something? I am trying to budget for next year and I need to know if this is going to be fixed or not, or at least given some type of update or timeframe for it to be fixed.

Hey guys sorry about not getting back to you one this, just been slaaaaaammed.

Developers will get to this and we will have either a small update or in the next release in Sept. or Oct.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

hi guys, do you all use the default server mpanagement tool or System Center Operation Manager + System Center Virtual Machine Manager to configure the CSV cluster?

I installed the Remote Server Administration Tools on my Windows 7 Laptop and I manage the servers from it.

P.S. - Thanks for the update To-M!

Hey guys - We have the update for this and it is done now!

Thanks for waiting, I will try to post this on our knowledge base as well tomorrow so you will have access to it but you can email support@open-e.com to obtain it as well. Also this will be in the next release as well.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube