Visit Open-E website
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: W8K Cluster

Default Thank you

Thanks for the update To-M.

Hyper-V live migration does work witout the CSV feature...

Next question, I am running a trial version on DSS V6, I have 2 x 24TB licenses for the previous version, but needed to get Win2k8 up an running as a cluster, so plumped for the trial. I am awaiting my upgrade DOM's to be delivered soon, hopefully as I only have 28 days on the trial! The trial is running from two USB pen drives plugged into the back of the SAN's, how easy is it to upgrade the DOM's inside the SAN's, then migrate the settings over to the DOM's so I don't need the USB pen drives plugged in anymore?

Also, To-M, is the update available to the trial edition?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT
    Thanks for the update To-M.

Hyper-V live migration does work witout the CSV feature...

Next question, I am running a trial version on DSS V6, I have 2 x 24TB licenses for the previous version, but needed to get Win2k8 up an running as a cluster, so plumped for the trial. I am awaiting my upgrade DOM's to be delivered soon, hopefully as I only have 28 days on the trial! The trial is running from two USB pen drives plugged into the back of the SAN's, how easy is it to upgrade the DOM's inside the SAN's, then migrate the settings over to the DOM's so I don't need the USB pen drives plugged in anymore?

Also, To-M, is the update available to the trial edition?

Many thanks
    CuppaT, how does live migration work without the CSV feature? Are you only putting one VM on each LUN?

Hi cphastings,

Yes that's correct, one VM per LUN. The LM process drops between 1 and 2 pings when migrating between hosts. It should also be easy to create a big LUN and move the VM VHD's onto this to utilise CSV after the latest update is applied...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Hey guys - We have the update for this and it is done now!
    Thanks for waiting, I will try to post this on our knowledge base as well tomorrow so you will have access to it but you can email support@open-e.com to obtain it as well. Also this will be in the next release as well.
    Hello Todd,

I sent e-mail to support, but the answer was ...

"Your case is being moved to product engineers. We will require additional
    time to investigate the problem. Thank you for your patience - we will get
    back to you as soon as possible."
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferl
    Hello Todd,

I sent e-mail to support, but the answer was ...

"Your case is being moved to product engineers. We will require additional
    time to investigate the problem. Thank you for your patience - we will get
    back to you as soon as possible."
    OK, I've got the update!
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

OK, I've got the update!
    Awesome! Let us know when you've tried it out.

Thumbs up everything ok now!

I've finished the cluster validation - storage 100% ok with this update!

Thank you open-e - your DSS is now W2k8-cluster-ready !
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

***breathes sign of relief as he realizes he doesn't have to spend $25,000 for an equallogic san***

I just revisted this and had to LOL - dont forget everyone we will have another release this month that will have this in as well - release notes will be avail. to you all.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Setup?

Hi,

would you care to share some information about your cluster setup?

I'm just evaluating DSS V6 and I would like to archive some kind of HA with Hyper-V: Three Windows 2008 R2 Servers hosting virtual machines, and two DSS with automatic failover.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks in advance,
    DD