Visit Open-E website

Thread: Help with DSS on VMWare Server 2

Default Help with DSS on VMWare Server 2

I'm trying to get running DSS on VMWare Server 2
    I have a VM with 2 hard drives, one with 2GB and with the boot image properly installed, the second virtual drive drive is 3GB.

Open-E VM starts OK and everything seems to run fine, I log into the HTTPS interface and when I go into the Configuration > Volume Manager > Vol. Groups section I can see under the drive identifier I can see the 3GB drive.

But in the Unit manager part of the screen I can see a row showing the drive as Unit S001, Size 3GB, Serial Number N/A and Status as NOT SUPPORTED and the checbox, the action dropdown, the name textbox and the apply button are disabled and grayed out.

What is happening? how can I fix this?

Thank you all !!!

In the manual and the online help we have a note that you will need more then 5GB for a unit.

Note

* Units already being used in a volume group can be made available again by using the Delete content of units function in the console. Please be aware that this will remove all data from the unit!!!
    * You can only use units with capacities greater than 5 GB, smaller units are not supported.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

How to unprotect the right protected pen drive ; done by viruses? The pen drive is right protected by viruses . When pen drive is tried to format then the message appears that it cannot be formatted because it is right protected . So please help me to unprotect it . I cannot even keep the data in the pen drive due to its right protection.And I have also tried to remove it using different antivirus but it fails to delete or quaritine it.