Visit Open-E website

Thread: SSH password rejected...

Default SSH password rejected...

I enabled SSH from the web interface but connection from PuTTy and Linux get the password denied. I know the password cannot use a lot of special character so i used only alphanumeric 6 characters and i tried a couple different ones without success. I also would be interested in how to run console commands directed from the server where DSS lives, from the F1 menu I don't see a way to run console commands, i wanted to utilize iscsiadm commands for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks
    Dana

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by cmc2
    I enabled SSH from the web interface but connection from PuTTy and Linux get the password denied. I know the password cannot use a lot of special character so i used only alphanumeric 6 characters and i tried a couple different ones without success. I also would be interested in how to run console commands directed from the server where DSS lives, from the F1 menu I don't see a way to run console commands, i wanted to utilize iscsiadm commands for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks
    Dana
    Sorry that should say 8 characters

Lightbulb

The username for SSH is "cli". That screwed me up for a while. It should work, then.

There is only a very limited number of commands you can issue to the DSS box. This is sort of a Beta feature, so if you really want to know what they are, then ask Open-E support. Hopefully the number of commands it supports will be increased. Iscsiadm commands I don't think are supported.

Default RE: RoboBeat

Thanks RoboBeat, I just managed to connect, I had the cli but I added the IP as allowed my IP as i thought it was required for better security, after i took out that on the DSS web client, it worked fine, still didn't find out the "secret" to dump me to a command prompt though but likely i couldn't do much anyway as cli.

Thanks Again
    Dana