Visit Open-E website

Thread: Slow sync speeds

Default Slow sync speeds

Hi all,

I had a slightly longer maintenance this morning and when I brought my destination server back up, I took a look at the replication sync speeds. What I found were two jobs running at max. of 300KB/sec.

Now, since one volume had to sync approx. 500 MB and the other about 2 GB, this took about 20 minutes for the lesser one, while the 2nd task is still catching up.

What really baffled me is, that after the first task had finished, the speed of the 2nd task didn't increase, which I would suspect tells me that there's no general network problem.

I believe that I setup the replication tasks with 40 MB/sec each, and I remember, that when the initial replicaiton started these speeds were in fact reached.

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

Was there any other activity with the source server during the time of the re-syncing of the 2 tasks being replicated?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I guess so, since the source server's iSCSI volumes are mounted on production file servers. I checked with the sys stats but couldn't come up with anything significant.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

I am thinking there there was activity on the source and during the sync that this might have been the cause.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube