Visit Open-E website

Thread: PS3 - does not see files

Default PS3 - does not see files

I have successfully set up V6 trial version. The other Windows XP computers on the LAN can see and successully play .AVI and .mp3 files except the PS3. The PS3 does not recognize any media players present.

I have UPnP turned on (which I thought the PS3 used for media sharing).

I am running the 32 bit version.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    I have successfully set up V6 trial version. The other Windows XP computers on the LAN can see and successully play .AVI and .mp3 files except the PS3. The PS3 does not recognize any media players present.

I have UPnP turned on (which I thought the PS3 used for media sharing).

I am running the 32 bit version.

Any suggestions?

The PS3 supports DLNA which works with the UPnP subsystem. To my knowledge DSS doesnt support DLNA. You can grab a product like Playon from MediaMall and use the plugins from that application to stream your video files. This is how I use mine at home. As well Playon also supports about 20-30 other streams like ESPN, CNN, Spike, PodCasts, YouTube, NetFlix, Hulu, etc. Its like $30USD but well worth it IMO..

I think the software won't help. If PS3 is requireing uPnP media server then this functionality is currently not available in DSS or DSS Lite. uPNP is used only for share notifications.