Visit Open-E website

Thread: Can't activate system and have 2 days left

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 2 votes.
Thread has been visited 6887 times.

Default Can't activate system and have 2 days left

I try to do an internet activiation and it tells me Internal Error. Nothing is blocking my outside access to the activation server.

I tried a manual activiation and created the file and sent it to the activation email address and got it back in an hour. Tried to upload it and getting the error:

Activation failed. Please check that the activation file is correct and dedicated to your server.

What the heck do I do now? If the system doesn't get activated in 2 days what happens? All the volume groups go away?

Thanks!

Any solution to this? I am experiencing the exact same problem...... Thanx Zubair

When you entered the PK (product key ), did you reboot your system? if not then please reboot it, and try to activate your system again ( with the offline file or online way).

I did reboot after entering the product key, and rebooted again now just to be on the safe side. Tried both online and offline activation and still experiencing the same problem.

If you changed any kind of the hardware in your system, or tried to install DSS on a different system, and you have an old Activation file, it will not work, as you need to get a new Activation file for Offline activation, or else you can activate it online.
    More details can be found at this KB:
    http://kb.open-e.com/How-to-activate...oduct_702.html

Please send us a new .HWS (hardware stamp) file for your system, and we will generate a new Activation file for you, you can open a support ticket for that, or just send the HWS file to the mentioned email in the KB.
    Last edited by Al-S; 02-16-2012 at 03:26 PM.

If you are still experiencing the activation problem, please report a case through our userportal and we will take a look at your system using the Remote Support connection to see what could caused the problem.

Open-E userportal:
    https://www.open-e.com/userportal/login/

BR,
    Tomek