Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StorageLink for Citrix

are there any updates regarding storagelink und open-e?

rogerk

I have seen posts from others that they are using Open-E/DSS with Xen servers, through iSCSI I imagine...

Is a special driver really required?

If you want to do multipath then its easier with a Storagelink defined driver. Otherwise you have to get into the xenserver OS and play around with multipath yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Just wanted you all to know that we are looking into - just give us some time as we have sooo many requests and cant do them in short order. Thanks for bringing this topic up atleast we know some of you are needing it and that helps us to position this feature
    Any update on this? Its been a while!

This is really helpful thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by webguyz
    While its not Storagelink, the latest version of DSS V6 build 4362 and build 4221 supports Xenserver using SCST instead of having to use IET as was the case before.
    afaik XENserver currently supports IET only, maybe you have full SCST support with a XEN enabled Linux distro like Fedora or Debian?! I'm not 100% sure about that but we had massive problems with openE+SCST+XENserver so I decided to use IET and everything went fine.

Nick,

Jumping in here, I just got 2 customers working from IET to SCST on the latest build of 5087

If you want I can post here but I have not edited it to perfection as there a side notes - let me know if you want me to.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube