Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: install problems, keyboard out of function

Default install problems, keyboard out of function

Hi guys,

i tried to install open-e via CD and USB on an Jujitsu Primergy TX100 S2 server, but keyboard ist still out of function when choosin' installation. This event happens in the licens agreement of the product. I cant go on, pushing Enter etc. Is there any help? Open-e got problems with Intel 3420 chipset? Any idea?

greetz einnell

DSS loads standard drivers for Keyboard support.

Is it working if you boot to the system bios ?

USB or PS/2 ?

Have you tried another keyboard ?

Yeah, this system got only USB, there are no PS/2 ports. I tried 3 different keyboards, all are working in BIOS and choosin Open-E "installation", it stopped working when "licens aggreement" needs input (at beginning of installation with blue background).

odd......

it may sound silly, but the only 'enter' key that is going to work is the one by the letters. If you are pressing the 'enter' on the number pad, it won't work.

I tried ENTER, ENTER on num, Space, Tabkey (to switch) there are no reactions on any key.

Check BIOS of motherboard and make sure USB Keyboard is enabled.

On the system try placing the USB Keyboard in front of the system and the USB for the DSS V6 in the back of the system.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

My results,

- all USB options are enabled in BIOS
    - used 2 USB Keyboards, one in front and one in back
    - booting from CD => choosin "Run software installer" => loading => Licens Agreement keyboards still out of function
    - preparing USB stick for booting, run "bootinst" (works fine), booting from USB (Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB) in the back of system => blackscreen

Tomorrow ill try on

Hello Einnell,

same problem to me a few months ago.

Solution: in the boot menu you have to delete the "nousb2" option of the "install" entry. To archive this, you have to select "install" press TAB navigate to "nousb2" and remove it. Press ENTER and the installer comes up. The other menu entries will work, no edit needed.

HTH
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Hello Einnell,

same problem to me a few months ago.

Solution: in the boot menu you have to delete the "nousb2" option of the "install" entry. To archive this, you have to select "install" press TAB navigate to "nousb2" and remove it. Press ENTER and the installer comes up. The other menu entries will work, no edit needed.

HTH
    Nick
    Please let me know if this works for you.
    We can add this to our knowledgebase.

Installation works now fine. Thx to all and special to Nick. Time to set up configuration