Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canot change NTP and Time Zone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry canot change NTP and Time Zone

I am working with DSS6 lite and am having trouble with the NTP settings. The GUI will not change the NTP server or Time Zone. I can change the NTP server at the console but not the Time Zone. This is pretty simple stuff but I cannot seem to get past it.
    Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
    Thanks Don

The tab key should bring you to the next field
    Have you tried to change from the gui

Default Well I can change them but they go cback

The GUI lets me change the fields to what ever I want but the GUI resets the NTP server and Continous Check box back to the System console setting and leave the time zone set to Europe/Berlin.

No matter what I do I cannot control the time zone.

This may be related I am trying to use the NAS function. I am getting "Time differences between NAS and KDC are too large"

and

Cannot renew kerberos ticket

I have the time set to manual and it is within a couple of seconds of the domain controller.

Don

Are you clicking apply to save the changes ?
    what version do you have ?
    if the version is old try updating to latest release

Quote Originally Posted by symm
    Are you clicking apply to save the changes ?
    what version do you have ?
    if the version is old try updating to latest release
    I have the same problem. I am running several installs of build 3537 and I cannot change the NTP server or time zone. I hit apply, but it just comes back with the defaults listed.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly05
    I have the same problem. I am running several installs of build 3537 and I cannot change the NTP server or time zone. I hit apply, but it just comes back with the defaults listed.

Any help is very much appreciated.
    Under Status, I see the time and the time zone correct. It would be helpful if the settings screen would show the current settings, instead of showing the default.

Despite the status showing correct, I cannot access my 3ware 3DM page... it gives me the error that Open-E has associated with an incorrect time/time zone.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Kyle

Default gilly05

I am glad to see that I am not alone. No one else seems to have the problem. Are you using Dell hardware? It's a very annoying problem that just seems like the simplest thing to fix.
    Don

Default I also wanted to add that I am on 6.0up07.xxxx.3537 2009-08-21 b3537

I also wanted to add that I am on 6.0up07.xxxx.3537 2009-08-21 b353. I have installed and licensed two instances one on VMware and one on a Dell 2800. Both installs have the time problem. So it not hardware. If I enter the valid IP address of an NTP on the hardware console the unit will get a time but the time zone is wrong. I think this is a bug. I wish eopen would let us download older versions.

Default i booted in 32 bit mode and had the same results

I thought the x32 might be different than x64

Default just making noise....

I wanted to keep this at the top