Visit Open-E website

Thread: unkown operarnd error

Default unkown operarnd error

I'm trying V6 Lite out before I decide to buy the full version and I've run into an issue right at the start. I'm booting off a USB drive and that works fine but no matter what option I choose (32-bit, 64-bit, installer) after getting the "Loading..." message I get dumped out to a shell prompt with the error "ash: 0 unknown operand"

This is on a Super Micro system with an Areca 1222 controller. I tried booting on a generic desktop system and it booted fine so I don't think it has anything to do with the boot media. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Could be a couple of things.

Can you test booting the dss usb on another system?
    if it works then the image is ok
    if not try downloading and reinstall again.
    verify the file size of the dss image on the wed site the same after download?

What is the supermicro motherboard model number?
    is the firmware on the motherboard up to date?

the Areca 1222 is not on the hardware compatable list.
    http://www.open-e.com/service-and-su...re-raid/areca/

try testing with software raid

Good luck

Actually a 1222 is just a 1680 with some slightly different connections. I had tried booting from the thumb drive with a different PC and it was fine so I assume the image is fine. I removed the 1222 from the Super Micro system and tried to boot and sure enough it worked fine as far as booting goes.

So assuming the 1222 was indeed the problem I put it back in the system and tried booting again and this time it also worked perfectly. It even recognized the 1222 as a 1680 like I thought it should.

At this point I'm guessing there really is/was something wrong with the thumb drive and I'll install the software on the array and test from there.