Visit Open-E website

Thread: Unexpected Shutdown when initializing iSCSI Volume

Quote Originally Posted by nsc
    Vendor support is coming Monday, they'll check on site, these shutdowns are a mistery for them too...
    Did you hear back on this? I have a Supermicro board and have a 3ware RAID card and have a similar issue. It did not happen the first time I created the ISCSI volume, but has happened every time since then. When I create the volume, it starts to init, then I lose the GUI. Oddly enough, I can still ping the device. But, no luck with accessing it.

I am working offsite, so I have asked someone onsite to check the console to see what it shows. I am using DSS Lite.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by gilly05
    Did you hear back on this? I have a Supermicro board and have a 3ware RAID card and have a similar issue. It did not happen the first time I created the ISCSI volume, but has happened every time since then. When I create the volume, it starts to init, then I lose the GUI. Oddly enough, I can still ping the device. But, no luck with accessing it.

I am working offsite, so I have asked someone onsite to check the console to see what it shows. I am using DSS Lite.

Kyle
    My GUI came back and it shows me that the ISCSI volume has been initialized. I am guess the system was just busy (maybe the high CPU load that was mentioned earlier). I don't see why that would be, though. I will investigate further.