Visit Open-E website

Thread: VMware Support with Open-E

Default VMware Support with Open-E

I am wondering if anyone has had issues obtaining support from VMware while running Open-E and not running it on the certified Intel system Open-e certified with.

So far I am happy with Open-E however this is important if this is going to be some of my storage.

Thanks for you input.

Quote Originally Posted by asingh
    I am wondering if anyone has had issues obtaining support from VMware while running Open-E and not running it on the certified Intel system Open-e certified with.

So far I am happy with Open-E however this is important if this is going to be some of my storage.

Thanks for you input.
    Just wanted to put my experience in... I called VMWare last week due to an issue with some LUNs not automatically mounting after a reboot. It turned out that vSphere thought they were snapshot volumes and so we had to resignature them. But anyway, the VMWare engineer asked me what storage device I was using, and I said "It's an Open-E DSS version 6", he looked it up on the HCL, and went on with the call. Never asked what hardware it was running on.

Of course your mileage may vary, but I had no problems with support.

James

I had the same experience as James, I just told them the last four digits on my version number, which matches the "firmware" number they support according to their HCL, and they moved right along...