Visit Open-E website

Thread: New version & License question...

Default New version & License question...

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me please...
    We have two 24TB SAN's running DSS (pre-v6). We needed some of the features in DSS V6 (Win 2k8 cluster support) about two weeks before DSS v6 was RTM, so I downloaded the trial version, ran it up on two external USB drives and built the solution we need. In the mean time I had placed an order with our supplier for the two upgrades to bring the systems fully up to DSS v6. The license keys arrived last Friday and I would like to get the full upgrade done today.

The license certificates appear to be tied to the serial numbers of my original software.

How can I load the correct version of the software onto the existing DOM's, and then apply my correct license details to the software without losing any of my configuration/data?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT
    Hi, I wonder if someone can help me please...
    We have two 24TB SAN's running DSS (pre-v6). We needed some of the features in DSS V6 (Win 2k8 cluster support) about two weeks before DSS v6 was RTM, so I downloaded the trial version, ran it up on two external USB drives and built the solution we need. In the mean time I had placed an order with our supplier for the two upgrades to bring the systems fully up to DSS v6. The license keys arrived last Friday and I would like to get the full upgrade done today.

The license certificates appear to be tied to the serial numbers of my original software.

How can I load the correct version of the software onto the existing DOM's, and then apply my correct license details to the software without losing any of my configuration/data?

Many thanks in anticipation.
    Hi CuppaT,

as I'm facing a similar migration path (we're currently testing DSS6 in-depth and would like to simply "switch machines" later on) I took your question to open-e support. The answer was: "You'll be able to update a DSS6 trial to full version by applying the correct license key. During the order you'll need to supply the proper details and a license key is generated according to the requirements."

Looks to my like the order process in you case was processed under the assumption that you're upgrading your running DSS5 instances. Check with your supplier if you can instead get the keys to get your DSS6 trial activated.

Regards
    Jens

Hi Jmo,

I have managed to upgrade the DSS v6 trial to the full version and have applied the update which supports CVS under 2008 R2 (which incidentally I cannot get to work! but this will be most likely down to me not doing something when upgrading!), thanks for your update :-)