Visit Open-E website

Thread: Lite client limit???

Default Lite client limit???

Hi,

I'm testing Open-E DDS v6 Lite as a iSCSI target for my Windows 2008 cluster. I was able to add TWO nodes to the cluster. Everything worked fine. I want to test out THREE node cluster, but I can't even setup disks on Third node. Des Lite version has only TWO client limit? I even tried to register and applied registration code.

Any suggestions?

There should be no limit on clients (as far as I know)
    what is your setup like ?
    how far did you get ? "but I can't even setup disks on Third node. " don't understand what you mean

did you add the lun to the target ?

Quote Originally Posted by symm
    There should be no limit on clients (as far as I know)
    what is your setup like ?
    how far did you get ? "but I can't even setup disks on Third node. " don't understand what you mean

did you add the lun to the target ?
    I have 4 servers. I run DSS lite on one of them. I have two 750Gb disks there and 100Gb disk for DSS Lite. Other three servers are identical, I have multiple NIC in them.

Yes, I have few LUNs setup on DSS Lite two other nodes sees the target, I can refresh target, connect/disconnect from target with iscsicpl (Windows iSCSI initiator command line tool). I can see LUNs with diskpart. I tried to add third node and I was not even able to connect to target with iscsicpl. I can add target portal, but if I go to tab where I need to connect to target my iscsicpl stops responding. same with diskpart.

I tried to disconnect second node (pulled network cable out and disconnected session on DSS lite), right after I remove second node, I was able to add third node w/o any issues.

That is why I started to think that there is a client limit per LUN. ( I was able to connect to target portal).

by design iSCSI is block level and should be used by a single client.
    when multiple connections are made to the same lun, changes made by one user will not be seen by the other user. a way around this is to disconnect and reconnect or use filesharing softwear that is expensive.

are you using vmware ?
    what lun numbers are you using ?