Visit Open-E website

Thread: Deleted Volumes, Targets after Shutdown

Default Deleted Volumes, Targets after Shutdown

Hey there,
    sry im just in the beginning of getting startet with storages and DSSv6.
    I got the following problem:

Created a H/W Raid via Adaptec Controller with 16TB. (got 2 RAID Controllers)
    I startet my DSSv6 with my DOM. After that i created a S/W -Raid1 to mirror those two Controllers. That took a while (7hours) but without any problems.
    Then i created a Volume with a iScsi Target.

Everything worked properly, i was able to connect to the target with my Win2k8 Server, run IO-Meter and so on.
    After this procedure and configuration, i shutdown the system and reboot it.

I logged into DSSv6. The Problem is, that i can't see any volumes, targets now etc.
    It seems like that the've been deleted somehow, maybe caused by the shutdown? All i can see is my Raid1 with Unit1 and Unit2. (Status: S/W Raid Part)
    I can't create a iScsi Target, because DSSv6 says there is no sytem volume.

So, whats the problem? Do i have to save any config, before i shut down the system? And if, how?
    Or are there any options how to geht back to all my configuration i've down before i shutted down the system?

THX 4 any help!

if anyone is interested in the solution.

After talking and sending lots of mails to the support, there may be a bug in the software of DSSv6.
    ATM there's no way to build up bigger S/W Raids then 2TB.

e.g.
    if you got 2 H/W Raid controllers with 2 harddisks on each controller. Each hdd got 2TB, and you build up a Raid0. (Got about 4TB on each H/W controller)

-> if you want to mirror these two H/W controllers with a S/W raid1, you cant to that, cause the S/W Raid exceed the limit of 2TB...
    short: you cant mirror any volumes with S/W Raid1 > 2TB at the moment