Visit Open-E website

Thread: Changing SCST FC disk vendor ID

Default Changing SCST FC disk vendor ID

Hi ! I would like to know how to change the default vendor ID on the FC drive.
    Explaination : Dss is working well on FC drive emulation & targeting, but on the initiator side, I'm running a software with required a specific drive vendor ID to work with it.

(I think there is a real abuse when some company are selling you reconditioned & firmware modified 500gb drive for 480$ )

So i need to change the default Vendor and even the model ID on the FC mounted drive to match with the software.

Thanks in advance

I had our enigneers investigated this and we would like for you to submit a support entry from the link below and place a note to refrence to the Ticket#: 1013955

We will try to prepair a small update for you to test with DSS V6 only for SCST.

http://www.open-e.com/account/login/...nical-support/
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thank you for your reply. Starwinds software has a clever iSCSI RAID0 technology where they stripe data across multiple volumes (perhaps on multiple SAN's), that when re-combined by the client appears as one volume. This is not much use if you also wanted to access the volume from another system that you couldn't install the Starwinds software on to, or you wished to take a snapshot and access this as a single volume for backup purposes.