Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about bonding

Quote Originally Posted by webguyz
    I would put the dual 10g card in the DSS and use MPIO with dual gigabit adapters in the servers.

A Dell 6224 with four 10G CX4 uplink ports costs $1,800.00 ($1,600.00 with just 2 CX4 ports) and you can use the 24 gigabit ports for 12 MPIO server links. I would dedicate this switch to doing ISCSI only.

Couple this with the SuperMicro AOC-STG-i2 dual 10g card (less the $500.00) and you have a cost effective ISCSI SAN infrastructure that should be able to support several virtualized servers and up to 2 DSS's if your doing failover.

SAN's are not cheap, but ultimately the way to go.
    We are a cisco shop here, so whatever we would get switch wise would have to be cisco. However the cisco switch I would be getting has 2 10 gb module ports on it, its a 24 port 3560-e. We have one of those already on our core and it is working well. I do believe this is the way to go.

Or after doing some looking around it looks like I can source some used/refurbishe 10 gb or even 20 gb infiniband equipment for about the same price as it will to go ethernet, would that be a beter route?