Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Slow Replication on HP Hardware

I'am in contact with OPEN-E Support. They didn't really solved the Problem yet, but one of the
    OPEN-E Support Guy's improved the Performance up to 20 MB/Sec on my Lab Systems.
    Probably there ist a Problem with the DRDB Configuration.

The OEPN-E Support Statement is: we are working.....

I'am in upbeat mood!

Hi there,

Did you get this resolved?

Thanks,

Hi,

OPEN-E Support solved the Problem not yet. They promised me a Patch for the coming Version.

BUT - using Intel Dualhead 82571EB (rev 06) NIC for Replication works in another Configuration
    very well (40MB/Sec) for Syncronisation.

So, may bei the Broadcom and/or older Intel Gigabit NIC's causing Problems.

Yes I am using HP DL180 G6's with Replication I was getting 600Kb/s replication speeds. Open-e Support had to remote into our DSS servers and tweak settings to get them to replicate at 60MB/s.

We are now looking at getting new RAID cards, as the HP Storageworks P212's are useless.

Are there any details on what was done to achieve this faster speed? We have a similar situation with a couple of HP DL360's with MSA arrays, not getting as much throughput on the sync NIC's as I would expect, used both onboard and NC360T dual cards with similar results.

you can tune the drdb.
    search this forum for info on how.

Try to use the latest build available now, as with each new build there is new and updated drivers.
    New builds can be found at:
    http://www.open-e.com/account/products-and-updates/

hi,

it seems that the missing battery buffered cache has caused the performance problems
    with the replication.

we have installed several open-e SAN's base on HP Hardware (most DL 360/380 G5/G6/G7 - sometimes with additional MSA 60/70) with replication in the last 12 month. either iSCSI oder FC - no problems with the replication performance (ca. 80 -90 MB/Sec).