Visit Open-E website

Thread: failover tasks and virtual IP

Default failover tasks and virtual IP

Hi,

this is just a little question for sureness. I've running two DSS with a common virtual IP and several failover tasks, automatic failover is activated (and working well).

I added more storage space physically, and locally to volume groups. I defined new volumes there with the corresponding replication tasks.

Now, I like to activate failover for these new tasks, i.e. I have to make the new replication tasks to be failover tasks. To do that, I've to stop failover.

My question: if'll I stop failover, this won't affect the virtual IP? I mean, all connections to the virtual IP will keep on working, while failover is haltet? I guess, yes, they should. But I like to be sure :-)

Best,

Robert

If you stop the failover service than vIP will stop working - I hope open-e is working on this issue ...
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

This is noted when you stop the "Failover manager".

"""Deactivating this service will cause the virtual IP address to be deactivated as well. All connections to that address will be lost. Do you want to continue?"""

We are working on the ability to add the additional tasks in one of the future releases of DSS V6 but we are needing more time as this is a complicated modification and we need more time for testing.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube