Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problems with MacOSX

Default Problems with MacOSX

Hello!

For more than a week now i am experiencing problems with connecting our various MAC-Clients to Our new, preconfigured server running Open-E V6 Lite.

I tried many options (wanted to have acces control originally, but switched to the GUEST-Opiton in my NAS shares) but still cannot get reals read/write access to a share. Sometimes it works, but sometimes, when copying, nothing shows up in the destination folder or a folder containing folders and files moved to the server arrives there empty without an error message.

It seems to be better vom PCs running windows, though, but sometimes its the same.

I suspect the system files ".DStore" to be the problem, anybody heard of it (or got a solution?)

Thank you in advance,

Florian

HI,

Could You please try to run option "Remove Apple temporary files" ?
    And check if Your data is visible?
    You can run this option from console (by pressing CTRL+ALT+X).
    Open-E - Knowledgebase
    Best Regards Richard
    Open-E Technical Support Engineer

Thank you for the tip!

Can I assume that this is safe for my data?

Florian

@Florian Lang,

Yes, this option is safe for Your data .
    Open-E - Knowledgebase
    Best Regards Richard
    Open-E Technical Support Engineer

Default MacOSX

Hello and Thank you!

after deleting apple temporary files I still dont have any improvement with copying reliably.

But I am quite certain now that the problem has to do with the .DS_Store files OSX creates. I just tested this by copying a folder where i deleted .DS_Store via terminal: copying worked. Of course that can not be the solution, becaues OSX creates a new .DS_Store everytime i open the folder.

I am not sure if this can help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1629, but reading carefully i dont think so ("These steps do not prevent the Finder from creating .DS_Store files on the local volume, and these steps do not prevent previously existing .DS_Store files from being copied to the remote file server.").

My question is: Can this have to do with the DSS-Option "Hide special folders" in NAS-Config? I would try if this is it, but the your manual says that this option should not be altered when there are files on the server. Or is it save? (Or does not have anything to do with it?)

Thank you again in advance,

Florian