Hi,

I've opened a ticket with Open-E already, but I thought I would post this here as well:

I'm getting really slow IOMeter scores from VMs running on ESXi 4, like 8MB/s with my synchronous mirror task running (set up as per the PDF how-to) and 22MB/s when it is stopped.

I've tweaked both VMWare's and Open-E's iSCSI parameters (Burstlength, etc.) and it appears to have no effect.

The network is fine, iPerf between VMs on different ESXi hosts shows 940Mbits/second, so I'd expect to see IOMeter speeds of around 80MB/s at least.

I've tried with bonded NICs, I've done the MPIO setup in VMWare as per the other How-To.

I haven't tried anything with jumbo frames or flow control because AFAIK those are small tweaks which will only have a small effect and I need to boost the speed to 4X what it is now.

I don't think that it is a physical disk problem, I have a RAID 5 array of IBM X25 SSD drives, should be smoking fast. I'm going to do some testing on a single SSD drive of the different i/o types (file/block) to see if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I need this up and running in an acceptable configuration last week Unfortunately there was some problem with my second ESXi host (turned out just to be bad bios settings) which already set me back a week already...

I'm going to do some more testing base