Visit Open-E website

Thread: Any have their DSS lock up since going to 4221?

Default Any have their DSS lock up since going to 4221?

Not saying there is a problem yet, just very suspicous that our DSS V6 which had been running fine for months has locked up a week ago and again today after we moved to version 4221 about 3.5 weeks ago. Accessing the console of the DSS there is no response from the keyboard. Unable to access the DSS thru the web page. Only choice I have at this time is to reboot the DSS. Reboots and comes up just fine. Of course all my Hyper VM's are crapped out.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced such a lockup recently. If not then I can accept I have a hardware issue, but I want to make sure I'm not chasing my tail.

What logs can I look at to try and figure out what the heck happened.

Starting to get some pissed of customers

I've been running 4221 for a bit now and I haven't had any stability issues.
    What is your workload like?

Pretty light. But your letting me know you don't have issues helps point the issue back to my environment.

I did make some nic changes in preparation for implementing autofailover a few months back that I had forgotten about and will probably try to get those out of the equation.

Thanks!

download and check dmesg, dmseg2 and critical errors
    is the raid ok?

Nothing in the Areca logs. Wish there were a log interpreter for the DSS logs. My clock/time was off so the logs as well so kind of not sure whats happening.

Will take some of my loudest screaming customers off the DSS for now until I can get a handle on this. Thanks!