Visit Open-E website

Thread: Mixed Citrix Xenserver and other environments

Default Mixed Citrix Xenserver and other environments

We are currently using our DSS with ISCSI SCST in Hyper V environment, but want to start testing/using Citrix Xenserver. From what I have been reading the Xenserver requires the use of IET ISCSI. So how can I have both on one DSS? Is it a choice of one or the other? How are others handling this?

Thanks!

Anyone know if there is a big performance hit or anything if I switch from SCST to IET iscsi? Any problems using this mode for autofailover? From what I have read it appears that IET was around first then SCST came along and all improvements seem to be in that mode.

Wanting to start using Xenserver that requires IET mode. Are other Xenserver users also using Hyper-v connection in IET mode?

Thanks!

Heard back from Open-E support about using Xenserver in SCST mode and not having to switch to IET:

"Dear Sir,Our research team had tested the Cytrix Xenserver and we were able to make it work on SCST. The test was done on Open-E DSS V6 build 4362 and build 4221. You should be able to use SCST for XEN and Hyper V.If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Best RegardsShon (Sinan)Technical Support Engineer"Good news indeed!