Visit Open-E website

Thread: Issue with CLI tools to manage raid controller

Default Issue with CLI tools to manage raid controller

Hi,

We have DSS v6 (Version: 6.0up07.8101.3537 32bit) running on an Adaptec ASR5805.

DSS recognize the controller just fine, both in the web admin and in the console, I can manage it fine using ASM, but when I try to use the CLI tools provided (namely ucli/arcconf), it complains there is no controller.

Step-by-step: went in the console (locally or with SSH). Used raid tools (c-a-R), selected my raid card (ADAPTEC Raid Card), then ucli.
    Tried typing in at the prompt (UCLI>arcconf )
    UCLI> arccong getconfig 1 AL

Obtained the error message "Controllers found: 0, Invalid controller number"
    Tried with getconfig 0 AL as well to no avail.

Is there any reason why DSS recognize the controller fine but the inbuilt ucli doesn't?

Is there a trick to get it to work?

Any help?

It would be really helpful to have this to address the shortcomings of the Adaptec Storage Manager (especially when you have to play "pop up pirate" when changing defective drives)

I have an Adaptec 5805 as well... I can't even get my DSS to recognize the disks so I can create a volume...

Is there some trick to getting the volumes created?

I know the RAID card is detected and working... as I installed on a 2GB Primary Partition on the RAID itself.

How do you get the ASM to connect? I can't figure out how to assign an IP to the RAID card so I can access it remotely.

Any help is appreciated.

I managed to get ASM to connect to the card remotely.

I still don't understand how to get DSS to recognize the storage space... I go to Volume Manager in the DSS GUI and "No Units Found" No matter if I rescan or not.

How can I get the 4TB Logical device I created to show up?